1/3 Photos of Egyptian Sweet Couscous Dessert
Among the variations of couscous, this recipe from Egypt is unrivaled for the sweet-toothed palate. Serve with a cold glass of milk or a demitasse of heavy Arabic coffee. Found for Zaar World Tour II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring fruit juice & rose water to a boil, add couscous, stir well, cover, remove from heat & let stand 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2Rub well into grains 3 Tbs. melted sweet butter.
- 3Combine couscous with 1/4 cup each finely ground blanched almonds and pistachio nuts.
- 4Mound on serving platter and sprinkle with mixture of powdered sugar & cinnamon.
- 5Garnish with kufeta (candy-coated almonds) & pomegranate seeds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Sweet Couscous Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: