Recipe by FoodExplorer
Low cal, egg whites, vegan cheese and spaghetti sauce! I have been thinking of these flavors very much lately, so one day I just decided to give it a try since I couldn't find a recipe anywhere for it. Think chicken parmesan but for vegetarians :) There aren't any breadcrumbs, so it would be a good low-carb dish as well, I'm thinking. I hope someone else finds this as yummy as I have!
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce (I tend to like a lot of sauce, so if you're not a tomato person probably only use 1/8 c. sauce)
- 1 slice vegan mozzarella cheese (Soymage makes a low calorie version, but I can't tell you how well it melts...will update soon) or 1 slice vegan mozzarella cheese (Soymage makes a low calorie version, but I can't tell you how well it melts...will update soon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg whites in a bowl until a little frothy; add soymilk and mix together.
- Heat a small frying pan (greased with nonstick spray) to medium heat, pour in eggs.
- Sprinkle eggs with italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Now, you can either scramble them or fry them omelette style; it's up to you.
- While eggs cook, heat up spaghetti sauce.
- When eggs are cooked to your desired doneness, top with spaghetti sauce and the slice of vegan cheese. Turn off the heat and put a lid on the pan so the heat will help melt the cheese a little, if you like.
- Serve and enjoy!