Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
This Italian spin on a breakfast favorite is a perfect way to use up Monday leftovers from Sunday's tomato sauce. Quick and easy too!
- 4 -6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (homemade or jarred, although homemade is obviously preferable)
- 1 (8 ounce) can white potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Spray a large skillet with Pam.
- Melt the butter using a low flame.
- If the potatoes are not already sliced, slice them prior to melting the butter.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes in the butter.
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Increase the flame and add 1 and 1/4 cup of sauce and stir.
- When the sauce is heated crack the eggs into the skillet. I always push the potatoes and sauce around to make room for the eggs to hit the skillet directly and not land on potatoes or sauce. I also always drop the eggs so that they are not touching one another.
- Cook the eggs until desired doneness (I flip mine gently to cook both sides.).
- When the eggs have a few minutes left drizzle the remaining sauce over them and add some grated cheese.
- (I always use sauce that was made with fresh garlic and contains basil.).
Lovely Sunday Brunch. The photos do not do this delicious dish justice. I saved some meatballs from last nights dinner and added them to the pan too. Used Neerdammer cheese, hot salsa mixed with a BBQ sauce Delicious thanks Carm'sLilCook