Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty brunch casserole
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in Monterey Jack, cottage cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, salt and chiles.
- Pour into baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serves 8 to 10 for brunch, 12 to 16 as an appetizer.
I scaled this back to use 2 eggs (1.6 servings) and made in a small square oven proof dish and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed with some buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast.<br/><br/><br/>Pat
Great basic frittata with the added bonus of being low fat - cottage cheese works so well here . I used dice green pepper instead of the chilies - thoroughly enjoyable mid week meal.
This was wonderful! Cheese, cheese and more cheese...just how we like our eggs! I halved the recipe, but we found ourselves wishing we had more once every last morsel was gobbled up. Thanks for sharing this recipe Lala Chef. We'll be making this often!