1/1 Photo of Eggplant, Tomato and Green Onion Curry
Chef #573036's Note:
Adapted from Vij's restaurant in Vancouver. I have halved the recipe and reduced the amount of oil. This is delicious as a side or as a main. When buying eggplant, compare eggplants of the same size and buy the one that weighs the less. It will have more meat and fewer seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the green onions, the white parts, 1/4 inch long and the green parts 3/4 inch long. Set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, chili powder, turmeric, cayenne and salt. Add eggplant, tomatoes and onions and stir well to make sure the veggies are well coated.
- 3In a shallow heavy pan, heat oil on medium-high heat for 45 seconds. Pour curry into the pan and stir well.
- 4Sauté about 3 minutes, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring once halfway. Turn off the heat and stir once more.
- 5If you are not serving the curry right away, remove the lid or it will become to mushy.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant, Tomato and Green Onion Curry
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 174.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g