Recipe by mandagirl
I sometimes use cheddar flavored veggie shreads in this recipe. You can also substitute the chicken with another meat or TVP.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Delicious combination! Easy to make, too! I used a bit more than 1 cup of cooked chicken just to use it up. I love eggplant, so this was a winning choice. I only baked mine for 40 minutes and it was done. Thanx for a new use for leftover chicken!
- 3 cups cubed eggplants
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spray it with vegetable cooking spray and immediately add eggplant and onion. Cook and stir until onion is soft.
- Place in a large bowl and add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.