Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegetarian flavourful treat all can enjoy. Also try adding to a sandwich or salad.
Make and share this Eggplant (Aubergine) Teriyaki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml oil
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml fine chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, fine chopped
- Slice eggplant as u would to make n eggplant parm, about 1/4 inch round slices.
- Sprinkle with salt to drain out extra water, about 20 minutes.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over eggplant and let marinate at least 1/2 an hour or as much as 8 hours.
- Bake on baking sheet for 12 minutes or cook on stove top in skillet until tender.
These slices of eggplant were very tasty, they really soaked up all the delicious soy, garlic, and ginger flavor in the marinade. I used a little stevia instead of the sugar, otherwise made this exactly as written. Nice sliced up and tossed into my baby spinach salad. I didn't even use any salad dressing because the eggplant added enough flavor for me!