Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A power-packed sandwich filling! Easy and healthy for those summer days.
- 1 cup eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cut an eggplant into cubes to fill 1 cup.
- In a small pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the eggplant and sauté it for 5 to 10 minutes, until soft.
- Place the eggplant in a medium-sized bowl and blot it with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Add 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, 1 cup chopped red tomato, and 1 teaspoons mustard to the eggplant.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread and spread the eggplant mixture on the bread.
- Serve it with 2 cups mixed green salad, 2 tablespoons salad dressing, and 1 cup skim milk.