Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and it sounded so delicious that I had to share. I haven't had a chance to make it yet, so I'm guessing on the prep time.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced lengthwise (salted for 30 minutes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Season eggplant with salt and pepper and dip in flour.
- Saute eggplant until golden brown.
- Set eggplant slices on paper towels to drain.
- Combine in a medium bowl, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Place several tablespoons of ricotta mixture at end of slice of eggplant, roll up, secure with a toothpick and place in baking dish.
- Continue to assemble remaining slices of eggplant.
- Cover evenly with remaining spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
It was my first time trying and making this dish. It was pretty easy to make and tasted really really good and the presentation was amazing.
YUMMY!!! I am an eggplant fan now! Thanks for this one. I used part skim mozz. and part skim ricotta. floured with wheat flour! I wouldn't change a thing. I will make this again and again and...Well you get the picture. It really was simple.
I made a pan of this and realized I should have doubled it. My husband couldn't get enough of this dish! This is the first eggplant either of us have eaten, but it won't be the last! A++++ I didn't note the prep time, but it didn't take long. It was really a very easy dish to prepare and put together.