1 hr 15 mins
This is my own take on a recipe I learned in cooking class several years ago. It makes a nice presentation and is fun to serve to guests. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel skin off eggplant
- 2slice eggplant lengthwise in 1/4 thick slices.
- 3heat enough oil for frying.
- 4dip eggplant into 3 beaten eggs.
- 5then dip into breadcrumbs.
- 6fry the eggplant in the oil (do not overlap).
- 7drain on paper towels.
- 8mix ricotta cheese with the parmesan cheese and one egg and garlic (to be used for filling).
- 9cover the bottom of a casserole dish with sauce.
- 10spread a thin layer of the filling mixture onto the slices of fried eggplant.
- 11roll the eggplant up
- 12place the rolled eggplants seam down, side by side in the baking dish.
- 13cover the eggplant with more sauce.
- 14cover with mozzarella cheese.
- 15cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 16uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 323.2 mg
- Sodium 710.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 38.4 g