Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own take on a recipe I learned in cooking class several years ago. It makes a nice presentation and is fun to serve to guests. Hope you like it.
- peel skin off eggplant
- slice eggplant lengthwise in 1/4 thick slices.
- heat enough oil for frying.
- dip eggplant into 3 beaten eggs.
- then dip into breadcrumbs.
- fry the eggplant in the oil (do not overlap).
- drain on paper towels.
- mix ricotta cheese with the parmesan cheese and one egg and garlic (to be used for filling).
- cover the bottom of a casserole dish with sauce.
- spread a thin layer of the filling mixture onto the slices of fried eggplant.
- roll the eggplant up
- place the rolled eggplants seam down, side by side in the baking dish.
- cover the eggplant with more sauce.
- cover with mozzarella cheese.
- cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
This was great! I didn't have ricotta so I used mashed tofu and some extra seasoning instead. I was very impressed with the outcome. Thanks so much for posting such a great variation of a classic eggplant dish!