1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was published in a cook book put together by the owners of an Italian restaurant. I had this dish there and loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel and thinly slice eggplant (lengthwise).
- 3Dip slices into eggs.
- 4Coat with breadcrumbs.
- 5In a heavy skillet, add enough oil to cover bottom, then add eggplant slices.
- 6Do not overlap.
- 7Brown quickly on both sides.
- 8Repeat until eggplant is fried.
- 9Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
- 10Wash and cut asparagus into 4 inch lengths.
- 11Steam asparagus for 5 minutes and set aside.
- 12Fold one slice of Provolone Cheese in half and place on top of a fried eggplant slice.
- 13Place 2 asparagus spears on top of provolone.
- 14Carefully roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- 15Continue until all slices are rolled.
- 16Place rolls in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- 17Cover rolls with remaining slices of cheese.
- 18Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 19Bake in a preheated 350 egree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Roll Ups
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 184.8 mg
- Sodium 2105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese