Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 medium eggplants, each sliced lengthwise into 4
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 250 g spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- Mix eggplant with egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add 1/8 tsp pepper and 2/3 tsp iodized fine salt (or 2 tsp iodized rock salt) to 1/2 cup Spaghetti Sauce. Arrange 8 eggplant slices in baking dish (8"x8"). Pour sauce over eggplants and top with half of cheese and bell peppers.
- Repeat procedure using the remaining ingredients. Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.