Will be attempting this tonight. Per the Bob's Red Mill website:This recipe can be made without the unbleached white flour, producing a very good pasta, but it is harder to work with. To create an eggless pasta with any type of flour, substitute about 2/3 cup water for every two eggs. Personal note: the olive oil in this makes it more workable for filled pastas than would be a fat-free dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a flat work surface combine flours and salt in a mound. From a little well in the middle for your wet ingredients.
- 2Add 1/2 cup water and 1 tbs oil, pouring into the well formed by your dry ingredients.
- 3Mix to make a stiff dough.
- 4Add one tablespoon of water at a time while combining mixture, until desired consistency is achieved (moderately stiff dough).
- 5Knead 10 minutes or until dough is elastic.
- 6Wrap dough in towel or place in plastic bag and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 7On a lightly floured surface roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired.
- 8To cook: Bring a large pot of water containing 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (approximately 3 - 5 minutes). When making lasagna, no need to boil noodles. Add directly to your recipe.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggless Semolina Pasta Dough (From Bob's Red Mill)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g