Prep 50 mins
Cook 5 mins
Will be attempting this tonight. Per the Bob's Red Mill website:This recipe can be made without the unbleached white flour, producing a very good pasta, but it is harder to work with. To create an eggless pasta with any type of flour, substitute about 2/3 cup water for every two eggs. Personal note: the olive oil in this makes it more workable for filled pastas than would be a fat-free dough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semolina flour
- 1 cup white flour, Unbleached
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (alternately, you may heavily salt your cooking water)
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil, for boiling
- On a flat work surface combine flours and salt in a mound. From a little well in the middle for your wet ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1 tbs oil, pouring into the well formed by your dry ingredients.
- Mix to make a stiff dough.
- Add one tablespoon of water at a time while combining mixture, until desired consistency is achieved (moderately stiff dough).
- Knead 10 minutes or until dough is elastic.
- Wrap dough in towel or place in plastic bag and let rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired.
- To cook: Bring a large pot of water containing 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (approximately 3 - 5 minutes). When making lasagna, no need to boil noodles. Add directly to your recipe.
Thank you for posting a wonderful recipe. Amazing noodles each time
This recipe definitely gets five stars from me, as it is without doubt the best tasting pasta I have ever made from a recipe, but the recipe suggests this serves eight, while I find it would be generous to say this serves two, even with sides. It does not make much, but this recipe is so worth the time and effort.