Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A lovely breakfast or brunch item. make sure the tomatoes are not too ripe or they will be difficult to work with.
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 2 teaspoons chives, snipped
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- With a serrated knife, cut off the top 1/2 inch from each tomato.
- With a spoon, gently remove the seed and inner membrane being careful not to break through flesh of tomato.
- Place tomato in baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide corn and chives among tomatoes.
- Break an egg into each tomato and top with cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until egg is set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Wow, we loved this Pink Diamond, what a great lunch. I served this with fresh crossants. What a surprise this dish was, I knew we would enjoy it, but I didn't expect so much flavor. It is tasty and oh so filling. I did substitute green onions for fresh chives, they worked great. This quick and easy to make dish has gone into my keeperbox. Thank you so much for sharing.
This is a great recipe! I don't care for chives so left them out, otherwise made just as directed. This is healthy, easy to make and really quite hearty and filling. Served this for dinner and we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!