Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Brightly colored with chopped green peppers and pimientos.
- 6 eggs, boiled, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tartar sauce
- 2 (6 inch) pita pocket bread, halved
- lettuce leaf
- Boil eggs for 15 minutes, drain and run cold water over eggs to stop them from cooking.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pocket bread and lettuce.
- Cover; refrigerate at least one hour to blend flavors.
- Fill each pocket bread half with about 1/2 cup egg mixture.
- Garnish with lettuce.
This is a simple, straight-forward, tasty recipe. After the eggs were cooked, it took about 5 minutes to assemble...definitely a plus. Next time I make it, I think I'll add some lemon juice or mustard, just to make it a little more zippy. Thanks for posting!