Recipe by BrendaM
Try these for a quick tasty brunch! I got this recipe from an egg pamphlet I picked up at the supermarket!
Top Review by Chef Kate
This review is just of the egg mixture--I was looking for an egg/cottage cheese mixture for a very particular person and this was perfect. I made one serving. I skipped the mustard and chili, but used the suggested veg and put the whole mixture in a gratin. It puffed up like a souffle and was done in about 30 minutes. The proportion of egg to cheese is just right and the vegetables retain just the right bit of crunch. Excellent!
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese (fat free is ok)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 4 small flour tortillas
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with cottage cheese, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in green onions, celery and red pepper.
- Set aside Spray 4 ramekins (1/2 cup size) with cooking spray.
- Place one torilla in each ramekin, pressing to fit.
- Pour an equal amount of the egg mixture into each tortilla cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- for about 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.