Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how my mum gives it to us. I'm pretty sure the eggs are a family recipe.
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices bread
- 6 slices wafer thin ham (or thick ham)
- Mash boiled eggs with a fork.
- Put butter in bowl, add eggs.
- Add curry powder and then mayonnaise a little at a time to get the right texture (which is creamy). Be careful not to make them dry.
- Cut crusts of bread, unless you particularly like crusts.
- Place 3 slices of ham on two of the pieces of bread.
- Spread egg mixture on top of the ham.
- Top with other slices and cut into 4 squares or 4 triangles or even into soldiers to entertain younger children.
Gona make these for the kids lunches tomorrow
I wish I could give this recipe a good review, but after making the sandwich, I found I did not like it! It could be that I disliked the egg filling which was made with mayonnaise, as I dislike any deviled egg mixture that is made with mayonnaise, plus I found the egg filling to be a bit on the dry side. (I thought the filling needed a bit more mayo or salad dressing). Perhaps I would of much prefered this if I had substituted the mayo with a good quality salad dressing. But I also think the sandwich filling is missing something, as I thought it tasted a bit bland. Perfect Pixie, I surely wish I could of given this recipe a better review, as the others who also prepared this sandwich.
Delicuos and easy sandwich loved it.Thanks for the recipe!