1 hr 21 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Making clarified butter is easy when you use the oven.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2The oven needs to be on low heat.
- 3Cut the butter into large chunks and put it into an oven proof dish.
- 4Something like a souffle dish will work, but just make sure that the bottom of the pan isn't too wide, or the butter will cook too quickly and you won't have time to get that nice roasted flavor.
- 5Put the butter into the oven for one hour.
- 6At that time, the impurities will have separated from the butter, but it probably won't have darkened in color to show that it has that roasted flavor.
- 7Keep checking the butter every 10 minutes until it darkens several shades.
- 8Remove the butter from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes, and then spoon off the impurities on the top of the butter.
- 9Pour the butter through a fine metal mesh strainer.
- 10Store the clarified butter, covered, in a cool dry place.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Effortless Clarified Butter (Aka Ghee) in the Oven
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 169.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g