Recipe by MissTiff16
"Faith Hill's cornbread goes perfectly with her husband Tim McGraw's Chicken and Dumplings!" Straight from the Oprah show! I'm guessing on the time -- I will correct it later! Use an Iron Skillet (7-10 inch ) *** I have updated this as well since there seemed to be a hishap with the "Dumplings".They now have specific measurements for the buttermilk which the Oprah show didn't have posted before... (Feb.20.06) Enjoy :O)
- 3 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄2 cups Martha White yellow cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°
- Put 3 tablespoons Crisco in the iron skillet and melt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix cornmeal, egg and buttermilk to right consistency (should not be thick nor too liquidy). Pour the melted shortening into the mixture, leaving a small amount in the skillet so the bread will not stick, and stir. Sprinkle a little bit of cornmeal in the skillet then pour the mixture into the skillet.
- Bake at 500° until it is deliciously golden brown.