Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is pretty good. Another fix-it and forget-it dish.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms
- wrap chicken breasts with bacon.
- place in baking dish.
- combine sour cream, soup and mushrooms; pour over all.
- Bake slowly 2-3 hrs at 275 uncovered.
This was very easy to throw together. I upped the oven temp to 350 degrees and the chicken was ready in less than an hour. I subbed turkey bacon and used fat free ingredients where possible. I also doubled the mushrooms. Reviewed for Pick A Chef 2007
This recipe was outstanding. It was easy to throw together, and was so tender....even when reheating leftovers! Think I might try bacon bits instead of bacon strips and see if they blend better with the sauce. This is definitely a family favorite!!! Thank You!