Recipe by mmaryed
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Hash brown potatoe patties to accompany steak or chops
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- empty potatoes into large bowl.
- add beaten egg, salt & pepper.
- Stir until potatoes are well covered with egg mixture.
- Using large spoon to spoon out 6 round (slightly flattened) portions into skillet of heated oil.
- Remove to cookie sheet when brown and crispy.
- cover with grated cheese and place under broiler for approx 3 minute.
- Serve while warm.