Recipe by nemokitty
From Betty Crocker Low Carb Cookbook.
Top Review by Annacia
We enjoyed this last evening. It was a welcome break from meat meals that we have had so much of recently. It so easy to make that I'll be making this a "go to" when I need something quick. Served with a green salad and a strawberry rhubarb bread pudding for dessert we had a homey meal that we both enjoyed although DH did ask me to put a couple of sausages on his plate next time, sheesh.
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick, mix
- 1 cup milk, fat free
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch glass pie plate with spray. In saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add broccoli. Cover and heat to boiling. Cook 5 minutes then drain.
- In the pie plate, mix broccoli, onion, bell pepper and cheese. In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour on top of veggies and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 or till golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.