Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not quite like the real thing, but really easy to make and quite tasty.
- pecan halves
- individually wrapped caramel
- milk chocolate, candy bar that breaks into squares
- Break pecan halves into half lengthwise.
- Arrange pecan pieces on foil or parchment covered baking sheet in star shape (five pieces for turtle's legs and head). Unwrap and slightly flatten caramels and place one caramel on top of each cluster of pecans pressing down slightly.
- Place in warm oven just until caramels start to melt (watch carefully).
- Remove from oven and place a square of chocolate on top of each then place back in oven to melt chocolate.
- Remove and cool completely.
These candies were good -- pretty easy and simple to make. These would actually be a fun project to do with kids because of the simplicity of them. What's especially nice about this is that you can make as many or as few as you like -- good when you want a bit of sweet, but don't want piles of sweets sitting on your countertop yelling at you lol. think my turtles could have used a bit more chocolate, but it's probably just due to the size of the squares I was using (I used some milk chocolate bars that I bought at Ikea). Thanks for posting! :) Made for PAC Spring 08