Recipe by Mrs.Jack
A co-worker recently gave me this recipe. You can't get much easier than this!!! You can use fresh or frozen tamales. I'm sure you could easily substitute your favorite cheeses and add kernel corn, pinto beans, rotel tomatoes, etc. Simply great with cornbread or salsa biscuits. Can easily be expanded. Enjoy!
Top Review by under12parsecs
Really liked this simple comforting meal. Used canned tamales, cream of chicken soup, and corn kernels instead of green chiles. Very tasty alone and as a dip with corn chips. Mmmmm....
- 1 dozen tamale
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can soup, Swanson Chicken a la King or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 8 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shuck husks off tamales and place, single layer, in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese for top) until well blended. It will have a very soupy consistency.
- Pour over tamales and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling hot.
- Sprinkle w/ cheddar cheese and bake a few more minutes until melted.
- Serve hot!