If you can boil water and mix you can make this wonderfully tasty pasta at the spur of the moment! Great for the surprise dinner with a salad and crusty bread
- 453.59 g pasta, of your choice
- 1 garlic clove
- 141.74 g package herbed feta cheese
- 85.04 g jar sun-dried tomatoes (in a cello bag or oil-packed)
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 78.07 ml chopped toasted pine nuts (optional) or 78.07 ml pecans (optional) or 78.07 ml walnuts (optional)
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Set aside.
- Put oil in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Crush garlic and place in oil.
- In a separate bowl, break up feta cheese until it's crumbly.
- Add enough pasta water to make it into a lumpy mixture.
- Place in serving dish.
- Chop or cut sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces and add to the cheese.
- Mix in toasted pine nuts, pecans or walnuts.
- Wet pasta with some of the reserved water and add to the mixture.
- Toss well.
- Top with basil.