Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you can boil water and mix you can make this wonderfully tasty pasta at the spur of the moment! Great for the surprise dinner with a salad and crusty bread
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (5 ounce) package herbed feta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes (in a cello bag or oil-packed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted pine nuts (optional) or 1⁄3 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional)
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Set aside.
- Put oil in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Crush garlic and place in oil.
- In a separate bowl, break up feta cheese until it's crumbly.
- Add enough pasta water to make it into a lumpy mixture.
- Place in serving dish.
- Chop or cut sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces and add to the cheese.
- Mix in toasted pine nuts, pecans or walnuts.
- Wet pasta with some of the reserved water and add to the mixture.
- Toss well.
- Top with basil.
This is great when you want a quick pasta meal. This is very toddler friendly too! A no-fail pasta recipe.
So, so good! I used 3 cloves of garlic and added a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick. A delicious dinner with minimal effort - thank you so much for sharing!
We made this with muti-colored bow tie pasta and with the toasted pine nuts for my brother's wedding. It was a hit!