Recipe by Tish
If you can boil water and mix you can make this wonderfully tasty pasta at the spur of the moment! Great for the surprise dinner with a salad and crusty bread
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (5 ounce) package herbed feta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes (in a cello bag or oil-packed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted pine nuts (optional) or 1⁄3 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Set aside.
- Put oil in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Crush garlic and place in oil.
- In a separate bowl, break up feta cheese until it's crumbly.
- Add enough pasta water to make it into a lumpy mixture.
- Place in serving dish.
- Chop or cut sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces and add to the cheese.
- Mix in toasted pine nuts, pecans or walnuts.
- Wet pasta with some of the reserved water and add to the mixture.
- Toss well.
- Top with basil.