Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Grandma Flossie's time-tested, crowd-pleasing cookie recipe -- perfect for a holiday cookie swap or any time...
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream sugar and softened butter together, then add the egg and molasses.
- Combine sifted flour, baking soda, salt and all of the spices together with fork or whisk in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, roll into balls and then roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 12 - 15 minutes then sprinkle the tops lightly with sugar.
- Note: Chilling dough between batches helps.