Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a diabetic-friendly recipe that I want to make soon for my hubby. I like the fact that it can be mixed & refrigerated for 24hrs before baking. I think it would be good with the addition of some canned, sliced mushrooms. The best part is I usually have the ingredients on hand and it's simple to make.
- 1 (120 g) package Stove Top stuffing mix, chicken flavour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350*. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Spoon into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until middle is firm and top is golden brown.
This made a nice lunch. It came out moist, eggie, and cheesy. My frozen spinach was a 14 ounce size bag so just used the whole bag. Also used 7 ounces of fat free cheese and no bacon (dietary restrictions). The description suggested adding mushrooms so also added 7 ounces of mushrooms (good suggestion). We are now full and content. Thanks for the post.