Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good and easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 12 ounces corn
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In 8 or 9- inch skillet, melt butter; saute onions until tender.
- Stir in corn.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Cover; cook over medium low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is set(top will remain moist).
- Arrange tomato and green pepper on top of cooked egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Cut unto wedges to serve.
This WAS really easy to make! I used some cooking onion instead of the green onion, and feta cheese instead of the swiss or cheddar option. I also diced the peppers and tomatoes. It came out really delicious--thanks for helping to make my first frittata attempt a success!
Very, very nice frittata & easy to prepare, as well! Made according to the recipe using frozen corn, & another time I really want to try it with some kernels of corn cut from freshly grilled corn on the cob ~ Should be even better! Thanks for sharing a very nice recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]