Recipe by PrincessNoKnot
This is a very easy, tasty and far healthier version of one of my favorite dishes--no breading required! It comes from an old Prego advert, which is sitting beat up in a drawer just begging to get lost, so I'm posting it here just in case. :)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups bottled traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 breasts)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir 2 tablespoons parmesan into the spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown. (About 10 minutes).
- Pour the spaghetti sauce mixture over the chicken. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook another 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Top the chicken with the shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of parmesan. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or (if you're going completely healthy) go for my personal favorite and serve it with spaghetti squash.