Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 473.18 ml frozen, diced potatoes (, , hash browns)
- 3 slice process American cheese (about 3 ounces)
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned, stirring to separate meat.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup, water, ketchup and Worcestershire.
- Heat to a boil.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are done, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese.
This is definitely a kid-pleasing recipe, full of all the things kids like best -- cheese, potatoes and hamburger meat. I topped the dish with some shredded Cheddar cheese rather than slices of American cheese, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. I might add a little sauteed onion next time, but as is was a hit with our family; one of those "can I have a second helping?" recipes. Thanks for posting it, RecipeNut!