Need to get both simple carbs and a good protein quotient in after a workout? I've been on a roasting frenzy lately with various legumes to have a quick, hot, nutritious dish that doesn't yield much (since I'm cooking for just me.) I use All-Purpose Mexican Seasoning but storebought works too. This is great to have with a salad, piece of bread or fruit but would also make a nice side dish for a sit-down dinner. Simple and cheap too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and drain the kidney beans and put them into a tossing bowl.
- 2Pour in the olive oil, seasoning, and nutritional yeast and shake until fully coated.
- 3Put the beans into a baking dish and cover it with foil, loosely venting on the side. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Roasted Red Kidney Beans With a Kick (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: