Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy cobbler to put together and one I have been making for years, I find that one cup of sugar is the perfect amount for my taste if you prefer a less sweeter and more tart taste then reduce the sugar by a couple of tablespoons.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is easy as cobbler!!!! :) This makes a really good cobbler crust! I had 3 cups of rhubarb so I substituted the rest of the fruit with strawberries. Since I did that, I left out a couple TBSP sugar as suggested. I cut my rhubarb smaller than 1/2-inch pieces and I'm glad I did because with this baking time, they were still crisp but al dente crisp so it was good. I love how quick and easy this was to make, thanks!!!!
- 4 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces (no subs please!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup full-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix the rhubarb and 1 cup sugar, and place in the baking dish.
- To make the cobbler batter: combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter to make a crumbly mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk/combine the egg and half and half cream.
- Add to the dry ingredients; stir with a fork to create a stiff batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top the rhubarb/sugar mixture in the baking dish (does not have to cover completely).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.