Recipe by dale!
Here's a fun tasty recipe that everyone enjoys. Great for parties.
Top Review by Skiptomelu
I have always been a lazy (yet still yearn the tastes of hard to prepare food) cook , so as you can imagine my pantry and fridge are full of little extra tast suppliers to help me cheat. I have made sausage rolls this way for ever but now that the kids have graduated to less bland I can add lots of different things by slicing down the centre of the sausages and putting in onion, chilli, garlic,cajan spice any herd or spice imaginable and then wrapping them up. Also with these additions I sometimes run a small amount of sauce (soy BBQ, smokey.anything really) YYYUUUMMM
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 12 chipolata sausages (or any small sausage you like, try different flavoured ones too)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the pastry sheets in half.
- Sprinkle cheese over pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edges.
- Place 3 sausages in a line along the long edge of each pastry piece.
- Brush pastry borders with egg and roll up to enclose the sausage and cheese.
- Cut each roll into 3 even pieces, 1 sausage will be in each piece.
- Place them, seam side down onto the baking tray.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with lots of tomato sauce!