1/3 Photos of Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
A quick and easy doctored cake-mix recipe that's perfect for Halloween parties and birthday parties in the fall. I've decreased the fat content by using some lower fat ingredients and the flavors are still amazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two 12-muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg whites, water, oil, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- 3Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- 4Fill each paper cup about 3/4 full with batter.
- 5Bake for 18-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean. Set aside on metal rack to cool.
- 6Prepare frosting by placing cream cheese, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- 7Beat on medium until well-combined and smooth.
- 8For a prettier, more elegant presentation, use a piping bag to frost cooled cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles or other fall/halloween deco items if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 183.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g