Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Elise at Simply Recipes (http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/006165easy_pumpkin_ice_cream.php). Since this has no custard base, it's simpler, lighter and less rich than other ice creams. However, it is also less shelf-stable, and will start to get icy after just 8 hours in the freezer (less if you omit the brandy), so it should be made and eaten the same day.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Blend pumpkin, cream, sugar, spices and salt in a blender until smooth. Chill 15 minutes (or longer).
- Just before freezing, add brandy, if using. Pour into ice cream machine and churn 20-25 minutes. Keep frozen until ready to serve.