1/1 Photo of Easy Prime Rib
2 hrs 10 mins
This makes the best prime rib for even the toughest critics. My husband raises beef cattle so he loves good prime rib and he says this is the best he's ever had--anywhere--even at a restaurant. We like it so much that sometimes I season a regular roast this way but then slow cook it so it stays tender. The amount of seasonings here is for a roast that is around 5-7 lbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Let the prime rib roast stand at room temperature for about an hour.
- 2Mix the salt, pepper, white pepper, garlic powder and crushed thyme together in a small bowl.
- 3Poke holes in the roast at 1 inches intervals with a fork.
- 4Rub top and sides of roast with the 2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Rub the powdered seasonings all over the top and sides of roast.
- 6Place fat side up in pan. Don't cover and don't add water/liquid.
- 7Preheat oven to 500 degrees then turn down to 350 when you put the roast in (this will sear the outside).
- 8The actual roasting time will depend on the size roast that you have.
- 9Roast for 18-22 minutes per pound for medium rare. Let stand 30-40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees before cutting.
- 10140 degrees is rare, 150 degrees is medium, 170 degrees is well done.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1350.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g