Recipe by Jostlori
This is an absolutely refreshing blend with a touch of heat! I found this recipe in a Central American magazine called Mucho Gusto. It includes a beautiful picture, where it's served in a short martini glass with celery sticks (tops on) and fresh thyme leaves. You can control the spice level by using more or less of the jalapeno. Gorgeous!!! NOTE: Cook time = refrigeration time.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 celery ribs, with the leaves still on
- fresh herb (thyme, basil, cilantro, or ???)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender jar, liquify all the soup ingredients. If you don't like very spicy food, start with only half the specified jalapeno, then add more to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve, garnished with celery sticks and chopped fresh herbs of your choice.