Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is a recipe I recently received from a friend. So easy, so quick and oh so good!
- 6 -8 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Butter a 9 x 10-inch pan and line with peaches.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine the next seven ingredients and stir until smooth and lump free. Pour batter over the peaches and spread to cover them.
- Pour sugar syrup over batter.
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle over top of syrup.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F Serve warm or room temperature.