Recipe by smiles4u
This one came from a grocery store that is no longer in business, found it as I was going through some old recipes. It has been a very long time since I've made this, but I do remember it being very good.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in parts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour. Arrange in a well greased 9 x 13 pan. Baked uncovered for 30 minutes at 425.
- Turn chicken, bake 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, reduce heat to 325. Pour off fat.
- Combine mushrooms and liquid, milk, soup, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken. sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes longer.