1/1 Photo of Easy Nutty Orange Snowballs
My best friend Steph found this contest winning recipe in the Taste of Home Simple and Delicious magazine and we decided to try them this year for our joint yearly holiday cookie baking day. Nutty and buttery with a hint of citrus flavor; a nice addition to any holiday cookie platter. We did use fresh grated orange peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar until fluffy.
- 3Beat in the fresh grated orange peel and the orange and vanilla extracts.
- 4In another mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt; gradually add this to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Stir in chopped nuts; mix well.
- 6Shape into 3/4 inch balls and place each ball about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- 8Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 9Place the remaining powdered sugar in a 1-gallon Ziplock bag; add a few cookies at a time and shake to coat.
- 10Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired.
- 11Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Nutty Orange Snowballs
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 52.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g