Recipe by Hollyism
Campbell's used to make a jarred pasta bake sauce that I loved when my kids were little and time was short! When it was discontinued I discovered that the same recipe could be used with any jarred pasta sauce. My oldest son, who is away at college, asked me for some easy recipes that he can make with minimal mess and time and this recipe popped into my head... I thought I'd post it since I couldn't find any others like it on Zaar.
Top Review by Suzanne H.
Oh wow thank you so very much for this recipe! It's so simple and can be modified in so many ways. I used a jar of vodka sauce, bowtie pasta, frozen meatballs and otherwise followed the recipe. When I took it out to stir I tasted it and thought it was a little bland. The remaining bake time took the rest of the moisture out and left great flavor. I froze the leftovers for lunches... awesome!
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta (Rigatoni, Penne, Rotini or Ziti)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1 full jar water (24 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees.
- COMBINE uncooked pasta, 1 jar of Sauce and 1 jar of water in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- BAKE 30 minutes. Uncover and stir well.
- TOP with cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts and pasta is tender.
- Optional: You can add garlic powder and/or italian seasoning along with the pasta/sauce/water mixture and sprinkle grated parmesan on top of the mozzarella for great flavor and easier browning.
- Optional: You can add small frozen meatballs or browned ground beef (if you don't mind dirtying a pan) along with the pasta/sauce/water mixture for some added protein.