Recipe by ThatBobbieGirl
Few ingredients, simple to make, yet Chicken with Lime Butter never fails to impress. I have served this to children and adults, family and guests, and everyone has loved it. I found the recipe at a family owned store in Valparaiso, Indiana - which means I've had it for about 16 years. I was grocery shopping with friend of mine, who is now a missionary in a country I'd never heard of five years ago. We were looking for something new and different to feed her family and my DH, who were all back at her house. Now her husband wouldn't eat ANYTHING green other than jello, and the closest he got to eating vegetables was the occasional baked bean. So he hemmed and hawed at this chicken sitting on his plate with little green flecks in it. When we finally convinced him that herbs aren't REALLY considered to be VEGETABLES, he finally relented and tasted. It passed the test and became one of his favorites -- and everyone else's as well. Pair this with your favorite rice pilaf or buttered parsley potatoes, add a nice big tossed salad, and maybe some fresh rolls, and you've got a simple but sensational dinner.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (juice the other half & freeze for later use)
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives, minced (fresh or freeze-dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, or lightly brush with oil.
- Place on stove over medium heat, and add chicken.
- Cook about 4 minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom.
- Turn chicken, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken easily.
- Remove chicken to warmed serving dish.
- Drain off pan juices (save for another use if desired) and wipe pan.
- Over low heat, add lime juice to pan and cook until juice begins to bubble.
- Add butter, cut into chunks, and stir until butter becomes opaque and forms a thickened sauce.
- Stir in chives and dill weed.
- Spoon over chicken and serve immediately.