Recipe by Darlene Summers
My mom used to make this for us kids when we were little. We ate it with fried eggs instead of toast or bread. Sometimes we had it with syrup on it like pancakes. I still make and love this. I had this with eggs this morning. Really brings back childhood memories for me. May keep in refrigerator several days. Use an old metal ice cube tray (minus divider) or pan equal to that size, or use a couple of canned vegetable cans, emptied and washed and sprayed with butter spray.
Top Review by stacee.sobin
hands down the easiest way to make polenta. i stirred in some grated parm and black pepper at the end. put into a buttered dish, let set, cut into triangles and heated on griddle with a little olive oil. served with osso buco...yum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, cornmeal and salt in a LARGE glass bowl, stirring with a wire whip till well blended.
- Put in microwave and cover with a sheet of wax paper.
- Microwave on High for 6 minutes.
- Stir well again. (Mixture will be starting to thicken). Microwave on High for another 5 minutes.
- Mixture should be very thick now.
- Stir and put into sprayed container you have chosen.
- Refrigerate till cold.
- Remove from container, slice about 1/4 inch thick, and fry in butter flavored cooking spray till lightly browned. Turn and brown on other side.
- Eat with fried eggs, with syrup on it like pancakes, or Italian style.