Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I got off a sainsbury's flour package. Its really easy and very yummy.
Make and share this Easy Low-Carb Spinach and Feta Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g fresh spinach
- 150 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 25 g pine nuts (optional)
- 50 g sultanas (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Cook spinach until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, squeeze dry and roughly chop.
- Beat together soured cream and eggs, stir in feta cheese, chives and season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and pine nuts and sultanas if your are using them.
- Pour into a ceramic dish, sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes until firm and golden brown.
Thx for posting. We love feta and so I wanted to try this. I left out the raisins and nuts, and because I had no fresh spinach, I used frozen that was thawed and squeezed (relatively) dry. I had about 370 grams of the frozen, thawed stuff. I baked it for 45 minutes, as I was skeptical that it was cooked. My oven is also a bit cool. However, after I let it sit and cool a bit, it sliced beautifully. You can really taste the spinach in a nice way and it is not too greasy. Also I liked that it had only 2 eggs. I love eggs, but perhaps too much so I try to watch the cholesterol and fat and many of these 'crustless quiche' receipies seem to call for 5 or 6 eggs. I thought it would not stick together but it did. Wonderful - so easy and tasty !! This will be part of our rotation. I may try to add some garlic and onions next time just to see how it works with the feta.