Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple to make birthday cake for dogs. You can also cut the cake into small squares and give them as treats. Keeps for about 2 months if stored in the freezer in ziploc bag.
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornmeal or 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (do not use fresh garlic, fresh garlic is harmful to dogs)
- Liquefy chicken liver and egg in blender.
- Add liver mixture to remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased oven-safe pan/tray/dish and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into desired shape(s) when still warm.
- For a pretty cake, I cut out two flower shapes and stack them on top of each other slightly staggered to give the illusion of layers of petals.
My dogs loved it!!! And it smelt good enough for me to eat!!