Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is from Paula Deen's show on FoodTV. It is SO simple, creamy and delicious. It doesn't make much, so you may want to double recipe for more servings.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich style cookies, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and stir in the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Fold in the crushed cookies and whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan lined with foil.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, scoop ice cream from pan or cut into slices.
I thought this was great and my husband and friend liked this as well. I was a little disappointed when 6 hours later, it didn't turn out as well as I thought! The flavors didn't really blend together, it was a little too vanilla-y until 24 hours later....then it was good! So it needed a day for me for the flavors. Thanks for posting the recipe, I'm glad I can make ice cream without using an ice cream machine!
What a great recipe. Everyone loves cookie & cream ice cream and this way you get total control as to just how many cookie bits there are. I used a packet of Oreos and the only change I made was to heat the condensed milk and egg yolks in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, just to cook the eggs before I blended them with the cream. The result was fabulous, so Pinkie thanks for a delicious five star recipe.