Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know I got the basic recipe somewhere but I can't remember where, I have tweeked it a bit. This chicken is very easy, very fast and very tasty.
- Cut chicken into serving sized pieces.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder.
- In a small bowl mix dried basil with soy sauce.
- Lightly oil a hot grill, and put the chicken pieces on.
- As the chicken cooks brush the basil/soy sauce mixture on.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Chicken can be cooked in broiler if you like.
- Just take care it doesn't over cook and dry out.
I had a quartered chicken I wanted to do something easy with on the grill. The chicken was very tasty - but I sure could have eaten a whole bucket full of chicken wings prepared this way. The crispy skin with the garlic, soy and basil was great, with just the amount of meat in each bite. I used dried basil leaves with the soy sauce and it was difficult to brush the mixture on as the leaves stuck together in a clump and I had to kind of 'scoop' then up on my bbq brush. You can bet I'll be having wings made this way soon. Thank-you for posting.