Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is an all-purpose marinade used at The Black Dog Restaurant in Martha's Vineyard. I love it on chicken but you could also use it over meat, vegetables or fish. If using it on white fish, omit the red wine vinegar. It's great for grilling.
Top Review by Studentchef
This is a great recipe that worked very well on grilled chicken breasts. It is both tangy and herb infused, both of which worked really well with the barbequed chicken. I also brushed the marinade onto the chicken, as I was grilling it, so that the chicken doesn't lose the flavour of the marinade as it was on the grill.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper