Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an all-purpose marinade used at The Black Dog Restaurant in Martha's Vineyard. I love it on chicken but you could also use it over meat, vegetables or fish. If using it on white fish, omit the red wine vinegar. It's great for grilling.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together and marinate your grilling choice in a large glass container.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator. The longer you marinate, the deeper the flavors. I usually marinate overnight.
- Have fun grilling!
This is a great recipe that worked very well on grilled chicken breasts. It is both tangy and herb infused, both of which worked really well with the barbequed chicken. I also brushed the marinade onto the chicken, as I was grilling it, so that the chicken doesn't lose the flavour of the marinade as it was on the grill.
Excellent marinade. I used it last night on bay scallops which I then broiled. They were very flavorful and enjoyed by all but DS who hasn't acquired a taste for them...yet! I can not wait to try this recipe on chicken for the grill. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe...it is a definite keeper. Made and reviewed for the 44th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
DH and I rate this a resounding 5 stars! Dh used this to marinate sirloin steaks to make us dinner the other night. I had this taped to the fridge to marinate chops but he did it with the steaks and YUMMY. Jubes this is a winner! I cannot wait to try it on ribs in the crockpot.
Made for AUS/NZ swap 43. Thank you teamate