Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of a recipe I found in a magazine.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded flat)
- 1 cup cheese crackers, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 -6 whole fresh roasted green chilies (or use canned diced green chile)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and taco seasoning in a shallow dish(like a pie pan).
- Lay out chicken breasts and place green chile over it(or spread diced green chile to taste). Then lay slices of pepper jack cheese on top of green chile.
- Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick. Carefully roll chicken bundles in cracker mix until fully covered.
- Place bundles in baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture over chicken before baking.
- Bake for 30 minute or until chicken is fully cooked.
I have been making this same recipe for years. My mom got it from somewhere ages ago. This is a great tasting easy way to fix chicken. I also usually have to cook it about 40 minutes.
We really liked this chicken. It was quick and easy to make with lots of flavor. I used a 7 oz. can of whole chiles instead of the fresh. Also, I ended up cooking this 40 mins. to get the chicken done. I served this topped with sour cream and salsa. Thank you for sharing.